Monday, November 9, 2009

A Letter to My Wife - Part 8

Hello again, my lovely!

It's hard to believe, but I'm already 2/3 of the way through my Basic Combat Training.

In a strange twist, it seems as though my drill sergeant may actually be human. Not quite sure when it happened, but he doesn't seem to be yelling at us quite as much as he used to. Sometimes I almost wonder a little if maybe we're finally learning to do things right. Stranger things have happened.

Truth is, we do get rewarded alot here. We get to eat free food. You know how much I love free food!. We get to shoot guns and throw grenades. We get free time every day. We do get time to rest, mot as much as I was used to in the civilian world, but more than I expected here. We get to wear awesome uniforms, and we get to serve under the baddest branch of the military for the greatest country in the world, besides maybe Hawaii. Ha ha ha. Tell Desirae I said hello. lol.

Being an Army Wife is no walk in the park. I make sacrifices in my duty, and you also make sacrifices that no one else in the world (outside of the Army) has to make. You deserve rewards as well, so let the rewards continue.

I hope you enjoyed your Day Spa treatment last week. If you haven't done that yet... get on it!

Here is your next mission.

This week, I want you to take someone (the kids or a friend or your mom or whoever) to see a movie in the theaters. You pick the movie and the time and day.

And remember that I miss you and I love you.

Can't wait to see you again.

Love,
Your Husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment