Monday, November 2, 2009

A Letter to My Wife - Part 7

Can you believe another week has flown by so quickly? Training seems to really be picking up steam. We're slowly becoming a real team, and a real unit. And I can see the finish-line ahead. I know that the closer I get to the end of Basic, the closer I get to the beginning of AIT. And the closer I get to AIT, the closer I get to Exodus!, which means I finally get to see you again.

So we're still doing everything we've been doing since day one, and now we've added some stuff to our curriculum, such as heavy anti-tank weaponry and obstacle courses, which my battle buddy and I maneuver and complete as a team.

Enough about me... on to the good stuff.

You have been so patient in dealing with everything in my absence, so it's time for you to be rewarded. Therefore, I have a little surprise for you. I would have liked to have done this sooner, but without knowing for sure when we get paid, I just wanted to wait long enough to be sure that we got our money.

If you haven't been paid yet (due to a long processing time with the paperwork), you ought to have gotten paid now. Go ahead and take a peek at the bank account balance to be sure.

Ready for your surprise? Okay, here's what I want you to do.
  1. Call your Mom (or maybe you want your mom to go with you, so you could call Gramma or Patti and arrange a time that one of them could watch the kids for a few hours, or of course you can use the "babysitter" we usually use when we go play poker. Wink, wink).
  2. Go to AvalonExcellence.com and click the "Services" link, then click "spa packages." (If you don't like that place, feel free to select one of your own).
  3. Since I have no idea what's what, I would like for you to select the package that you want. *IMPORTANT* Ignore the prices and just get the services you want! Okay?
  4. Feel free to add any extras you would like (ie. haircut, color, style, mudbath (I've taken some of those here lol), or whatever else sounds appealing.
  5. Give them a call to schedule your time (and maybe mention that you're military... military discount, hee hee).
  6. Enjoy a day of relaxation and pampering!
Follow the instructions above to complete your mission. That's a direct order from a member of the United States Army! Mission failure is NOT, I repeat NOT an option!

I love you.

Love,
Your Husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment