Monday, October 26, 2009

A Letter to My Wife - Part 6

We finally made it through Phase I, or Red Phase, and moved on to White Phase. This is also known as the "Rambo Phase."

We finally got to fire our weapons. I've been waiting weeks for this, and I've got to say, it was worth the wait. We've got all types of ranges here. Training is actually starting to get a little fun. We've been tossing grenades, firing our rifles at close targets, pop-up targets, far-away targets. We've been chucking grenades and learning our way around other types of weapons as well.

Even with all the PT, drills, marching, running, classes, shooting, and blowing shit up, they still can't keep me busy enough to keep me from thinking of you and missing you. I have officially been gone for over a month now, but you're still just as clear in my mind as the day I left.

I hope that you are doing fine and getting along alright without me around. I hope that you are happy and having a good time. I hope that you still laugh alot. It's probably hard to laugh as much as you did when I was around because, let's face it, I'm fucking hilarious, and it would be impossible to find someone as funny as me. But still, I hope that you still smile and laugh alot. Don't forget that I will be home soon. Not super-soon, but soon enough. I am determined to make it through this thing they call BCT so that the next time you see me, I will be a soldier.

Thank you for loving me. Your love is my strength.

I miss you.

Love,
Your Husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment